About the Course
Asian College of Teachers has been offering 220 hours of International TEFL Diploma Program for those ESL/EFL teaching enthusiasts who are looking to experience a life of travelling to the various beautiful locations around the world. It must also be noted that candidates who are already in EFL/ESL teaching, will be benefitted the most, as this course aims to enhance the existing TEFL skills and expertise and develop new innovative ones deemed essential for the 21st century educators to know. This International Diploma course aims to make the educators competent enough to conduct classes comprising of learners of various age groups in places around the world. Moreover, after the course completion the candidates will receive a globally accepted certificate, boosting their international TEFL career.
Candidates pursuing International Diploma in TEFL may add weightage to their Diploma Certificate by specializing either in Business English Teacher Training Course or Young Learners Teachers Training Course, according to their interest/preference. Each of the two specialisations is aimed at specific teachers – teachers looking to become Corporate Trainers for trainers must take up Business English Teacher Training, while those looking to teach Young Learners in institutes will find Young Learners Teachers Training Course to be beneficial.
Eligibility and Course Fee
- Aspiring, new and experienced teachers are eligible
- The minimum educational qualification for enrolment is 10+2
- The course has been designed to suit the needs of both new and experienced TEFLers
- The course is affordably priced at 27,000/- INR (18% GST as applicable)
- Candidates are required to know basic computer skills and knowledge
Teaching and Learning Modes
- The course can be pursued in the online mode
- Candidates must have basic computer knowledge and internet connection
- The course duration is of 8 months covering 220 hours
- The course can be pursued from any part of the world
- Courses can also be covered in fast track modes
1-day Classroom Session & Teaching Practice
The online TEFL courses from ACT will not only equip you with the latest learner-centric teaching skills and knowledge to become an efficient EFL/ESL but also prepare you to handle global classrooms confidently. ACT has designed the online TEFL/TESOL courses keeping in mind the needs and necessities of both aspiring and working EFL/ESL teachers. The online courses also incorporate 1- day Classroom Session & Teaching Practice which is an important component when preparing as a teacher. Peer teaching is not only builds content knowledge, but provides the trainee teachers with an experience of real teaching environment where they can reinforce their own learning. Teaching Practice is beneficial to the aspirants as it acquaints them with teaching experience, increases confidence, provides a grip on classroom management skills along with other benefits.
- The 1-day Classroom Session & Teaching Practice is mandatory for all our online TEFL students based in India
- An instruction/ prep video will be sent to all the trainees before they come to attend the Classroom Session & Teaching Practice
- The session will be a Peer Teaching and Observation session of 30 minutes’ duration for each trainee
- Each Peer Teach session will be shot and the respective videos will be evaluated accordingly and feedback will be mailed to the trainees along with the video
Admission and Support Services
- ACT's admission process is quite user friendly
- Option to go for online payment methods
- Any form of payment can be availed (by using debit/credit card or by depositing cash, cheque or DD in ACT's bank account)
- Our Admission Department will contact you via mail or over phone
- Courses are always guided by our experienced and expert tutors
- Additional support of online videos and reference materials are provided
- Candidates can learn at their own pace
- Queries can be mailed to our tutors and chatting option available between 10am and 6pm
ACT’s 220 hours International Diploma in TEFL course provides you with a globally accepted certificate and creates the prospect for abundant opportunities related to teaching and training abroad as an EFL/ESL teacher. Among the non-English speaking countries where the demand for TEFL teachers is quite high, Middle East takes the top position.The Gulf countries have witnessed lucrative prospects in EFL teaching and are the first choice for many Asian TEFL teachers. South Asian countries like Thailand, South Korea and Vietnamhave also made their presence felt regarding hiring of TEFL certified teachers as the demand for learning the English language is also quite high in those countries. Among the other destinations in Asia, also making its place among the top places for TEFL job opportunities are: China, Japan, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Taiwan.
Accreditation and Certification
- ACT TEFL courses are accredited by the world's largest TESOL accreditation body TESOL Canada & TESOL USA.
- All TEFL courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- TEFL Courses from ACT are also accredited by CPD Certification Service UK
- ACT TEFL courses are endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
- All ACT courses are endorsed by NCC, an awarding organisation and a global provider of British education